A patient of scoliosis suffers a serious problem of having is backbone curved to a side. The most usual symptom of scoliosis is an abnormal and strange curvature that develops in the spine. Some of the causes that has cause this disease can be congenital defects, Cerebral Palsy, tumours and infections, Muscular Dystrophy, genetic conditions like Marfan Syndrome and Down Syndrome.
Most forms of scoliosis are Idiopathic meaning there is no identified cause and some may happen due to the above mentioned causes. Surely it is an extremely difficult and what make the situation worse are the symptoms. While deciding about the course of treatment, the severity of the curve and the patient’s vulnerability matter to a huge extent.
Scoliosis Surgery Risk
Every surgery has its own share of benefits and risks. Similarly, scoliosis too has some risks and complications, like:
- Paraplegia – this is most alarming risk, which causes loss of feeling and movement but in order to prevent this there are techniques with which the spinal cord is monitored very carefully during the procedure
- There can be loss of normal spine function
- Neurological damage
- Heavy blood loss
- Cerebrospinal fluid leakage
- Failure of the instrumentation like rods or screws
Scoliosis Surgery Procedure
The evaluation of this disorder is done with the help of imaging techniques like X-rays, MRI or CT scans. The goals of a scoliosis surgery are to stop the progression of the curve, lower the amount of deformity and maintain the balance while changing the spine’s positioning.
The most common and effective surgery recommended for scoliosis is Spinal Fusion, which works wonders for this ailment. In this surgery, the surgeons permanently fuse two or more vertebrae so that these can grow together as a single bone, which won’t move. With more modern forms of surgical approaches and instrumentation options like rods, hooks, screws, and/or wires that are implanted in the spine, the Spinal Fusion procedure has achieved far better curvature correction. Also, as compared to the former techniques, the recovery in Spinal Fusion is faster too and there is long term relief and mobility.
Scoliosis Surgery Cost in best hospitals in India
Being an extremely difficult type of disorder, scoliosis requires immediate treatment. But it is not easy for several patients to avail such progressive procedures because of the costs involved; more specifically, the patients from underprivileged countries find it extremely burdening to get this surgery done. Even patients from developed countries look for cost effective scoliosis surgeries because such surgeries are priced very heftily in their own countries.
In this matter, India provides massive relief because the scoliosis surgery cost in best hospitals in India is highly affordable. For this particular procedure, patients from all over the globe have to pay much lesser in India as compared to other major countries. For example, one of the surgeries for scoliosis is the one with the Posterior Approach that costs $18,000 in USA while the same costs $4,000 in India. This is how India is helping such patients in availing even the most advanced surgeries.
The patients need to bring quite some changes in their lifestyle during the recovery period after a scoliosis surgery so that there are no complications. Post surgery, while the patient is still in the hospital, the following things are taken care of:
- Pain management – there are specific medications given to keep the pain under control
- Drains – this is kept to prevent the accumulation of any fluid at the surgical site
- Walking – with the help of the nursing staff, the patients are made to walk
- Eating – the patients are kept under strict diet
Once the patients are discharged, there are certain factors that need to be kept in mind so that the road to recovery is smooth. At home, the patients need to be careful about:
- Taking care of the incision, while bath
- Dressing the incision regularly to avoid any infection
- Often the lung function turns a little bumpy after a scoliosis surgery. This is why the patients are recommended to perform respiratory exercises on a regular basis
- In order to stay active, patients are suggested walking but bending or lifting objects, sports activities are prohibited till the patients recover completely
- Any kind of medication apart from those associated with the procedure shouldn’t be consumed without consulting the doctor. For example, women are prohibited from taking birth control pills as these increase the risk of blood clotting
- Those who smoke need to stay away from it for quite a few months pre and post surgery
- Be careful while travelling if at all necessary during the initial few weeks after this surgery
Why India is best for Spine Surgery?
Considering the following attributes, India is undeniably the best:
- India is in a leading position in the medical tourism industry
- Excellent connectivity so patients from any corner of the globe can reach
- Best and world recognized Spine and Neuro Surgery hospitals
- Spine surgeons of international repute working to bring out the best surgical outcomes
- Most progressive forms of surgical techniques possible in India
- High surgical success
- Leading healthcare tourism planner like Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants to provide round the clock assistance
Contact Now for Zero Waiting Appointment
It can be extremely tricky for the international patients to reach the top scoliosis doctors and spine surgeons of India. As the leading medical tourism planner of India, Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants can be massively helpful for such patients by arranging the earliest possible consultation with these experts. Dheeraj Bojwani Consultants has excellent bonding with the best spine specialists of India and thus can plan the treatment coupled with the best kinds of treatment amenities.
So you can avail the exceptional and much affordable Scoliosis surgery cost in best hospitals in India, all you have to do is connect with us through the following:
- Get all the details about the treatment and surgeries, fill in the Enquiry Form and submit it
- Call us on our International Helpline number – +91 9860755000 or,
- Email us – email@example.com