Call it disc replacement or disc prosthesis, spine arthroplasty, or artificial disc; these are one and the same thing. It is among the newly introduced surgical procedure that helps in relieving the lower back pain. The disc replacement surgery is carried out over the lumbar spine or over the cervical spine. Well, if you talk about India, it has become the home of these surgical procedures. The disc replacement surgery India has gained popularity for the reason that the global patients get high quality and affordable services with great ease and care. The presence of top doctors and surgeons along with competitive hospitals also draw loads of global patients all across the world. In other terms, one can get high quality and affordable health care services along with an opportunity to do wonders in this domain. Time to check the disc replacement surgery India as under:
Types Of Disc Replacements
When it comes to the disc replacement surgery India, there are two types:
- The total artificial disc replacement that deals with a procedure that are meant to ease the painful disc that is replaced with an artificial disc
- The disc nucleus replacement that happens to be a procedure that has the inner portion of the disc known as the nucleus that is replaced with a device
Am I Candidate for Disc Replacement Surgery?
If you are among the people who all is experiencing from back pain that is mostly owing to 1 or 2 inter vertebral disks found over the lumbar spine. Or if you have an insignificant bony compression of nerves or facet joint disease, you need the disc replacement surgery India. Also, you shouldn’t have any prior major surgery over your lumbar spine but still experience pain or the one with no scoliosis then you become the candidate for Disc Replacement Surgery.
Diagnosis of Disc Problems
For diagnosing the problem, the doctor hen reported with the back pain symptoms are seen carrying out the following test:
The doctor would carry out your clinical diagnosis for finding out the exact cause of the pain of the back, nerve, neck and other symptoms.
- The doctor then carries out a physical examination and laboratory tests that are done as per the symptoms of the patient
- The doctor would carry out a test that includes checking out of the functioning of the nerve in certain body parts including legs or arms. The doctor will then tap over your specific body part with the diagnostic hammer in order to check the patient’s reflexes, the weak reflexes or total absence of reflexes found in the patient indicates a compressed nerve.
- The doctor is then seen to check for your muscle strength for finding out if there is any muscle atrophy or not, along with finding out the twitching or abnormal movements.
- The doctor would then check for the feeling you have in the affected area since it can help you in identifying the right location of the pain and its type. Unlike the sacroiliac joint pain is seen increasing while the straightening of your leg or pressure & pain is going to be experienced at the lower back that can help the doctor to find out the exact location of the pain.
Life after Disc Replacement Surgery
If you talk about the disc replacement surgery, it can be called fall under the in-patient procedure, that mean you need to stay in the hospital for 4 to 5 days after surgery. The very same day, the doctor may ask you to stand on your feet. And after one or two weeks, you can gradually resume your normal activities; however, these will come with few limitations. After 8 to 10 weeks, you can find completely resuming your routine work. And considering the Life after Disc Replacement Surgery India more and more global patient are enjoying the benefit that are hard to find at developed nation.